Monday, August 12, 2013

WINNING

WINNING
35 x 30
I have been working on this for a while. I sanded down an old painting of a street scene of San Miguel D'Allende much to the disappointment of someone that was interested in it. I am out of canvasses and am more interested in painting than ordering new supplies. Can anyone relate?? I am so interested in the figure and struggle with it. I enjoyed the process and have a little tweaking to do. I used some black and white photos of my daughter when she was on a crew team, a painting of Eli Cedrone's that I bought years ago and studied the work of Melinda Cootsona to spur me on and inspire me.

4 comments:

  1. ooo very cool and the big size is nice! Yes, I am all for painting over stuff. It just seems like a good idea! Out with the old..in with the new! The person who wanted the other painting may wish she'd gotten to it before you eradicating it. Well, tell her....next time....you snooze, you lose! haha! Love the action here in this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Page, love this! No signs of struggle here, look effortless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully painted, Page!! I love the texture....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this painting...rowing has been such a big part of my family and I know that expression. Love how you zeroed in on the figure. So engaging.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you. Thanks